Balloon Sinuplasty is a service offered through our Allergy and Sinus Center by our highly-trained sinus surgeons. Sufferers of sinusitis (chronic sinus inflammation) can breathe easier with one of the most advanced and least invasive sinus relief procedures available today, balloon sinuplasty. This innovative sinus surgery may be able to give you the permanent relief from the chronic congestion, pain and pressure of sinusitis – and it’s covered by most insurances, including Medicare. In fact, many patients report same-day relief!
Balloon sinuplasty is one of the newest, least invasive alternatives to traditional sinus surgery to open blocked sinus passageways and restore normal sinus drainage. The FDA-approved procedure utilizes a small, flexible balloon to open and restructure nasal passageways which may alleviate sinus headaches, fatigue and congestion. The balloon catheter is gently inserted into the problem region and inflated, restricting and widening the walls of the sinus passageway.
Advantages of balloon sinuplasty over traditional sinus surgery include:
- Less discomfort
- A faster recovery time
- No removal of bone or tissue
- Minimal bleeding
Below are several videos discussing the balloon sinuplasty procedure and what to expect from your visit with one of our otolaryngologists (ear, nose and throat specialists)
- What is Balloon Sinuplasty?
- Are You a Candidate for Balloon Sinuplasty?
- How Fast Will You Recover from Balloon Sinuplasty?
- What Are the Long-term Results of Balloon Sinuplasty?
- Are Children Good Candidates for Balloon Sinuplasty?
- Male Patient Testimonial – Balloon Sinuplasty – Dr. Hao “Mimi” Tran
- Female Patient Testimonial – Balloon Sinuplasty – Dr. Hao “Mimi” Tran
- Patient Testimonial – What Happens During the Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure?