What is Neurotology?
The Ear, Nose, Throat and Plastic Surgery Associates provide individualized patient care using the latest innovative treatments and technology. In this new and challenging field, our team helps to provide a wide variety of expert care for many types of disorders.
Neurotology is a subspecialty within the field of Otolaryngology, which mainly focuses on the ear as it relates to neurology and neurosurgery. This includes diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of:
- Hearing and balance disorders
- The facial nerve
- The ear and temporal bone
- Skull base and brainstem
What is a Neurotologist?
A neurotologist is a board-certified otolaryngologist who can provide both adult or pediatric medical and surgical care. Neurotologists are proficient in the basic sciences of hearing, balance, nerve function, infectious disease, and anatomy of head and neck. As part of a team with neurosurgeons, they can also manage disorders and diseases of the cranial nerves and also the skull base.
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease (AIED)
- Aural Atresia
- Hearing Aid Implants
- Chronic Otitis Media
- Cochlear Implantation Surgery
- Conductive Hearing Loss
- Ear/Skullbase Tumors
- Ear Infections & Surgery (for patients)
- Glomus Tumor
- Hearing Implants
- Implantable Hearing Aids
- Meniere’s Disease
- Migraine Vertigo, dizziness
- Hearing Loss
- Myringotomy – Pediatric Ear Tubes
- Swimmer’s Ear (Otitis Externa)
- Otosclerosis, Stapedectomy
- Semicircular Canal Dehiscence
- Sensorineural Hearing Loss
- Sudden SNHL